Roger Waters & The Musicians of Musicorps 16.10.2015 Washington
Roger Waters trat gestern mit verwundeten Kriegsveteranen in Washington auf! Schon die Proben deuteten darauf hin, dass er einige Floyd Songs in die Setlist aufnehmen würde. Das er dann aber doch ein komplettes Konzert, bestehend aus 10 Floyd Songs, seinem neuen Lied „Crytsal Clear Brooks“ und sieben Covers spielte, dass ist eine schöne Überraschung! Waters, der als Gastgeber fungiert, lud die gaststars Sheryl Corw, Billy Corgan und Tom Morello zu dem einen oder anderen Song auf Die Bühne!
A special Benefit Concert to Aid the Wounded Veterans of MusiCorps
Spielstätte: Washington DC’s DAR
The Musicians of Musicorps
01. When the Tigers Broke Free (Tim Donley vocals; acoustic – performed live for the first time ever)
02. Wide River to Cross (Buddy Miller cover) (Tim Donley vocals)
03. Mother (with Pigs On The Wing teasing)
04. Lean On Me (Bill Withers cover) (J.W. Cortés vocals)
05. A Change Is Gonna Come (Sam Cooke cover) (J.W. Cortés vocals)
06. Shine On You Crazy Diamond (with Tom Morello) (Tim Donley vocals)
07. Money (with Tom Morello) (Greg Galeazzi vocals)
08. The Ghost of Tom Joad (Bruce Springsteen cover) (with Tom Morello)
09. Wish You Were Here (with Billy Corgan)
10. Brain Damage (with Billy Corgan)
11. Crystal Clear Brooks
12. Goodbye Blue Sky
13. Blowin‘ in the Wind (Bob Dylan cover) (with Sheryl Crow) (Sheryl and Tim Donley vocals were prerecorded and shown while band played along)
14. Nobody Home
15. Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen cover) (Tim Donley vocals)
16. Another Brick in the Wall Part 2
17. Comfortably Numb (with Billy Corgan) (Roger and Tim Donley vocals)
18. Forever Young (Bob Dylan cover) (with Billy Corgan) (Billy and Tom Morrello vocals)
Music Heals, an exceptional one night only concert, where some of the world’s biggest recording artists will join forces to raise money for MusiCorps – a charity supporting injured service men and women and their families. MusiCorps Band is made up of injured service members who have learned, and in some cases relearned, how to play instruments through the charity.
Roger Waters has supported MusiCorps for a number of years and served as a mentor to members of the MusiCorps Band, playing with the veterans at the Walter Reed Hospital in Washington DC and encouraging their love of music as part of the rehabilitation process.
Roger Waters: The work I have done over the last few years with these men and women has been some of the most rewarding work I have ever done.
MusiCorps is a non-profit charitable organization which helps wounded veterans play music and recover their lives. Praised by the Wall Street Journal as “revolutionary,” the conservatory-level program enables the wounded to learn, relearn, and perform music as a core part of their rehabilitation. MusiCorps is based at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center outside of Washington, DC, and is raising support and awareness in advance of national expansion.
Arthur Bloom, MusiCorps founder & CNN Top 10 Hero, 2014 says: „By injecting music into this space, we can inject life“
Wir danken Fleeting Glimpse und Oskar für Informationen!